Tuesday 30 July 2019

Brain vs Heart: How to decide?

We encounter decision making situations almost all the time. And we make decisions based on instincts, previous outcomes or purely based on emotions. Seldom we decide using logic.

The catch is logic at times fails you and instinct can be the winner which is kind of counter intuitive itself.

But based on what I have seen around me including my own life the following are my observations. You are free to disagree with me.

Almost all my life I have decided mostly based on emotions. And whenever I did so I faced failure. And whenever I have used solid logic and calculations I have come out victorious.

In my opinion when it comes to matter of relations, affection, love and such abstract human emotions one should let emotions decide.

But when it comes to career, studies, and anything that requires more brain than emotions let your brain do the work and keep emotions out.

We generally do the opposite and when we do so we lose.

As Sherlock said, "emotion is a chemical defect found on the losing side". He is pretty much correct.

If it is about love vs studies choose studies.
If it is about love vs career choose career.
If it is about family vs love let your heart choose it.

Main point is don't let heart rule where brain does the best work and vice versa.

No comments: