Friday 21 March 2014

My BMI Problem - Part II

In the last post I posted about the problem I am faced with. It has been around three days now and I can see a slight reduction in my weight. From 95 kg it has come down to 92 kg. So In about  4 days I have reduced approximately 2-3 kgs. That is fairly good.

My game plan.
I have understood two reasons for my condition.

1. Extremely Sedentary life style
2. High Calorie food - Carbs.

So I have started to do the following.

1. Contrary to popular concepts starving or too mush reduction of diet will never lead to a permanent reduction of weight. The moment the body understands that it is starving it switches from burning reserve fat to burning muscles. That can be dangerous to both muscles and kidneys. So I decided to eat the same level to keep myself from starving but instead of carbs and fats I have decided to replace them with high fiber and protein food. So wheat (rotis) and rice are nearly out (being born in a BONG family you can never really give up rice) and replaced with oats. The following I have done.

Breakfast - Before (2 + 2 rotis and veg / eggs) Now(skimmed milk + oats and some veg/eggs)

Lunch (Not much change has happened as my wife and mother both are against giving up rice altogether so I have reduced the quantity of rice to half and increased the consumption of dal, veggies, fish and other stuff which are less on carbs.)

Dinner - Before (4/5 rotis and veg/eggs) Now (2 rotis and veg/eggs)

2. Also I have added walking (brisk) to my schedule. So that I may be able to burn off whatever calories I am adding. (Free hand exercise is still not added as the pain is still there)

I hope this will work.

I am not a gym person. Went to gym twice in the last 6 years and ran away from there too. It is not my cup of tea.
Jogging and running is also nearly out of question because of my extremely pathetic stamina as well as laziness.

So I hope my game plan will work. Lets see.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

BADI HAI BOSS LAGEY RAHOOO
HOGA HOGA ............