Tuesday 18 March 2014

My BMI problem

I don't know about others but I definitely work on the principle of Rocket. Unless my a** is on fire I usually don't move(read work). And this became even more clear with the new trouble that I am faced with.

I am not a typical fat person. No way. But what I do have is a huge pot belly which has become so huge that it literally hangs out nowadays. In fact a good friend of mine once joked, "shubham's belly walks ahead of him."

And I never really took care to reduce it or control my eating habits at all. But as it was to be God has had some other plans for me. Since last to last saturday I was having a bad backache which limited my mobility to the extent that I had to remain confined to the bed for longer periods.

A recent x-ray confirmed my worst fears. The lower spine  Lumbar L5-6 hsa developed a small gap. This is due to the fact that I am massively overweight as well as i have a very sedentary life style.

The following are the stats right now.
Height - 1.7 m
Weight - 95 kg
BMI - >32.5
Age - 31.7 years
Waist - > 44 inches
Body Fat > 29 %

Now that was alarming for me. Doctors said that if this continues for another couple of years then I am looking at the possibility of a slip disc.

So that means I have everything against me right now and I need to address this problem rightaway. So here is the game plan that I am following right now.

My target is to give myself a gift on the birthday. And the gift will be Weight < 80 kg; Waist < 38 inches; and no backaches.

For this to happen I have started to monitor my weight and waist on a daily basis. I will update as often as I can.  And that too on FB. I hope my friends will keep reminding me of the fact that this is very important for me to stay alive, fit and healthy.



No comments: