Sunday 13 November 2016

Let Us Go Digital

In the wake of Modi government's decision to ban the usage of 500 and 1000 rupee notes a severe liquidity problem has got created. Here I am not going to discuss whether the decision was right or wrong. rather I will try to tell you guys how to free ourselves from currency note related problem. How we can do a lot of work without currency notes.

Like millions of people in India I was too hit hard and with money in bank but nothing in hand I was at my wits end as I didnt know what to do. But then the solution hit me.

India is the country with second most number of smartphones. Number of smartphones that we have is almost the same as the number of households in India and much more. So let us see how to get over the current problem using tis device.

Rice, wheat and similar essential commodities ran out in my home. So what I do?

I downloaded GROFERS APP and ordered all materials online. I paid using my debit card and viola in 4 hours I  had the materials delivered at my door step.

Tomorrow there is a puja in our home. We were desperate as we didnt know how to buy fruits. And then I got the answer. SPAR hypermarket in Gaur central mall sells vegetables and fruits. So I went there and bought all that we needed and paid using my debit card.

Medicine was  the next problem. There are plenty of online stores and some pharmacies which accept money through PAYTM. I downloaded the PAYTM app and put money in it. Then went to a store that had PAYTM acceptance. I bought medicines from there.

Similarly travel was a problem. So I bought petrol using my DEBIT CARD. While I used OLA and UBER app to book cars for my family and paid online.

With Jan Dhan yojana most households have atleast one account with a debit card. Why not use it?

Guys it is high time that we become less reliant on cash and move towards becoming online.

This can be done by anyone and everyone who has a BANK ACCOUNT/DEBIT CARD and a SMARTPHONE.

Folks let us not create further havoc and panic by lining up near banks and use our brains to solve problems.

As for daily wage labours are concerned they are the ones bearing the burnt of this historic decision but things will smoothen out in 7 to 10  days. Let us not  whine about what is happening and rather let us take a decision to change our pattern of buying things.

Hope this helps.

No comments: