Monday 2 January 2017

Happy New Year - 2017

My friends have played a vital role in my life. They pulled me out of ignorance. Some real stupid, idiotic, form of ignorance. Today let me describe one.

The year was 2000. I was into my 18th revolution around the sun. And was doing ok in physics, bad in math and pathetically in chemistry in my school. Had to give up biology in favor of computer science. But still was going ok.

I always searched for explanations to anything and everything that i saw around me. One such thing was HOW ARE BABIES BORN? Now I knew they initially reside inside MOTHER'S BELLIES. And probably they were taken out after cutting open the mother's bellies. (Well I was only somewhat correct about it. Not completely). But the biggest question that bothered me was HOW DID THE BABIES END UP INSIDE THE MOTHER"S BELLIES IN THE FIRST PLACE?

As a scientist that I was in those days I had my own theories and they were backed up by solid evidence that i could gather from TV shows and Movies.

Man and Woman get married and almost a year later they have a baby. See the hypothesis stand proven. What was my hypothesis?

WHEN A MAN MARRIES A WOMAN AND THEY TAKE ROUND OF THE YAGYA FIRE GOD PLACES THE BABY IN THE BELLY OF THE WOMAN. 

Bingo. It always was the case as I saw in TV.

Then one fine day my hypothesisi shook a bit.

I saw a christian marriage and a muslim nikah. In both cases there was no fire. So i was pretty perplexed.  

Another point which I was not sure was why some of my friends used to talk about using the device during sex. My idea of sex was limited to kissing.

So I had a double problem. WHAT HAPPENS DURING SEX? HOW BABIES END UP IN THE MOTHER"S BELLIES? 

I knew by my own logic that take-a-round-of-fire-to-get-baby-in-belly was not on solid ground and something was amiss.  
 
It looks like yesterday only that for the first time I went to Satyam iWay (a chain of cyber cafes in the early 2000s) and for the first time I opened up a website with my friend.... let us call him P for the sake of hiding his identity. The first ever site I opened or rather I was introduced to was worldsex.com. I was aghast, baffled, ecstatic, infuriated, curious and ... well every emotion you name and I had on that day in front of the system. With a whopping Rs. 60 per hour in 2001 it was a very costly one hour but we were enlightened. Specially me.

At the age of 18 for the first time in my life I now knew what to do with my device. I mean i came to know what exactly is it used for. Till that day I was pretty much unsure as to what happens exactly with the device of mine.

So one of my questions was solved. What happens during sex? 

But the question that was bothering me was about the babies.

So one fine day, near about 1st or 2nd January I called up by best friend AA and asked her the question straight away.

She laughed and blasted me at the same time. I told her she being a female should be able to answer it better.

The best part was that I had studied in Biology chapter on Reproduction that when Male Sperm and Female Eggs meet a zygote is formed and then foetus and then baby. But in my infinite wisdom I totally didnt connect the dots.

So on that day AA gave me a step by step GYAN of what happens.

COmbined with my newly acquired knowledge from the enlightening site worldsex.com and the explanation from AA I now knew what happens.

I felt stupid. I mean I cannot explain in any better term how foolish I felt.

In fact in many movies the touching of two flowers also made me think was the reason of child birth.

SO while P gave me the BRAHMA GYAAN of the use of device..... AA gave me the gyaan of what happens thereafter.


That was 17 years back. Now when I look back I feel so stupid of myself.

But then i think i was better off a kid than a grown up person. As we grow up our minds corrupt.

Wish I could remain a child always.

Anyways Happy New Year folks..... May you too come out of ignorance.... whatever it may be...

No comments: